Monday, August 24, 2026

8/24/26 My Author Life

Dear Friend, 

It’s another scorcher in Oklahoma! This is probably going to be short and sweet, and maybe a little sour. We’ll see. 

The only news is that my son, Parker, and granddaughter, Makenna, have been here every day until 9:00 or 9:30 after the sun goes down. With this heat, the a/c in their mobile home just can’t keep it cool with heating up all day long. I don’t recall how many days it has been now, but it seems like forever and a repeat of the summer of 2011 when we had several months of continuous 100F+ for days on end. 

Unfortunately, my routine has been disrupted as well. Being a creature of habit, I do all my promo, chores, etc. during the day and then write at night. However, with them here, there’s no way I can do that. Parker loves making comments while watching a show or a video on TikTok. Makenna just sits quietly in the chair on her tablet, watching what she wants to watch. Oh well, these temps can’t last forever; only until mid-September, so they said this morning on the weather. 

I have three things to do this week that I am not looking forward to doing. But only because of the heat. It’s enough that I pickup Makenna from school every day, but I have a CAAC meeting Tuesday night at 6:30 and to man the county fair booth on Thursday at 5 and again Saturday morning at 9, followed by the FOL booth at 11. At least the latter two are in the morning. I am looking forward to days that are in the 90s! LOL 

See! I told you it was going to be short. I can never thank you enough for continuing to read these snippets into my life as an author. I hope I have not bored you too much with them. 😊 After all, other people's lives are never as glamorous as we may think. 

May your ereader or bookshelf overflow with delightful books to read! 

Maxine 



No comments: